24 Hour National Helpline
0800 027 1234
Angus Women's Aid
Office Hours 10am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday. If you need help outwith these hours, please call the 24 hour national helpline 0800 027 1234.
The information below outlines how we will treat the information that you give us about yourself, your family and others and your circumstances.
The basic principles of confidentiality and information sharing are
- The information you provide is confidential unless:
- You consent to information being shared OR
- You or any children are likely to be seriously injured – this will usually be called ‘at high risk of serious harm’
- We will always try and tell you when information is being shared unless it is not safe for you or your children or if we can’t contact you.
- If we have to share information in this situation, we will only share relevant information that will improve you and / or your child[ren’s] safety.
Generally, the information that you share with us about yourself, your family and others and your situation will be treated as confidential by Angus Women’s Aid. This means that only authorised people at Angus Women’s Aid will have access to this information unless you say otherwise.
There may be times when it is useful for someone from Angus Women’s Aid to share information about you with other agencies. Unless your situation is ‘high risk’ we must ask for your permission to share this information and you will be able to say yes or no.